Chesterfield Quarterback League (CQL) and Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers have partnered to promote best practices related to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of concussion. Currently, CQL and Sheltering Arms are collaborating to meet the need for concussion education and management through the following proactive initiatives:
- Baseline Testing
- Education on concussion prevention and management for coaches, parents and athletes
- General sports medicine/orthopedic education for coaches, parents, and athletes focused on injury prevention
- Equipment fitting for concussion / injury prevention
- Clinical services (including physical medicine, physical therapy and medical psychology) for athletes needing concussion care
- Implementation of best practices for return-to-learn and return-to-play (“classroom and field”)
- Provision of Certified Athletic Trainer coverage for playoffs
CQL recognizes the importance of safety and expert clinical care for its athletes related to concussion and risk of concussion, as well as other sports-related injuries. Sheltering Arms is dedicated to concussion prevention, as well as comprehensive management and treatment of concussion from baseline through recovery.
Please visit this link to schedule Baseline Testing. Anyone can do it!